The learndirect vision of ‘inspiring people to realise their potential’ is delivered through:
- discrete provision (NCS contracts)
- information advice & guidance (IAG) embedded within learning and employment related services
Effective IAG is essential for enabling individuals to take responsibility for their life choices and progress in learning and work. Good careers advice is critical if people are to raise their aspirations and capitalise on the opportunities available to them. learndirect is committed to ensuring that everyone who accesses our services are supported in making informed choices about their future.
Our IAG mission
- all service users will have access to good quality information and advice around future learning and labour market opportunities
- our staff will be suitably trained to deliver our services and support diverse needs.
- we will tailor our services to meet individual needs, fully embedding equality and diversity considerations
- we will ensure service users understand enough about the world of work to know what skills they need to succeed in getting and keeping a job
- we will use career and local labour market information to inform our services, ensuring our provision is relevant and supports individual progression
- our curriculum based learning will be linked to careers advice and guidance, ensuring our offer meets learner needs and the demands of employers
- we will advise on work experience opportunities to help explore career opportunities and expand networks
- staff observation grades
- quality review grades
- staff qualification and skills matrix
- stakeholder feedback
- monitoring of files
- retention rates
- success rates (achievement, job sustainability, increased confidence to learn and develop)
Can't find an answer to your question? Click here to contact us with your query.